Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fix it man!

I'll apologize now this is kind of a long post.. but i want to remember it.


When we got married my parents gave us their old front load washer since they were planning on buying a new one and nicks grandparents had the same set and gave us their washer and dryer also since my parents dryer wasn't electric and theirs was, we held onto the washer incase we ever needed it for parts. Anyways, my parents washer was working great until about a month ago me and nick were doing laundry and couldnt figure out what was wrong with our washer.. the water would run and than it would just shut off so we pushed start again and left it and didnt think anything of it. We were watching a movie when i heard water rushing out of the washer and onto the floor..let me add that we live on the upper floor of our apartment so the first thing that goes through my head is that we were going to flood the people below us, Nick was handing me all the towels we had and it still wasnt soaking up all the water, so we threw all of our laundry on top of it to soak up as much as we could... the washer door was still shut but it was not locked which was the reason for the water coming out in the first place, it had built up so much pressure because the water never turned off, so i went and grabbed the biggest pan we had and tried to slowly empty out the water until it was gone. We had laundry spread all over the apartment and we rang water out of our clothes all night it was a mess! We thought we were going to have to buy a new washer but Nick decided to take a look at it and got on google to search for similar stories and he found out it was the pressure switch.. I literally married a fix it man we were able to get the part from the other washer we had and fix it i was so happy we didnt have to buy a new one... I'm crossing my fingers it holds on for a couple more years!

On his phone googling the problem









Its Fixed!! Google is always the answer ha!





12 Weeks-

16 Weeks-





1 comment:

  1. It is weird because it never showed that you updated. What a fix it man, I am glad that we did not fix ours because when we turned it over it had mold.

    I am happy that you finally announced the coming baby! It is about time since you are almost half way done. A couple more weeks and we will know what we are having. SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete